Home Forums Logelloop (English spoken) CPU consumption with Logelloop 4/5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy PinkAndy
    Participant

So I’m experimenting with loading exactly the same project/preset in both Logelloop 4 and Logelloop 5. Initially looking at the Logelloop CPU meters the results did not make sense with LL5 with a higher figure than LL4 by about 5% with LL5 seeming to spike more erratically. But then when I looked at the Mac Activity Monitor the figures are very different with LL4 at 109% and LL5 at 14%
    Previously we were told to ignore the Activity Monitor figures… but now things seem to be the other way round, with Activity Monitor giving a more accurate picture..is that correct?
    I’m a bit confused by this! 🙂

Andy PinkAndy
    Participant

Update: so I did this again, this time not having both 4 and 5 open at the same time!

Logelloop 5: 30% from the Logelloop meter and 40% Activity Monitor
    Logelloop 4: 37% from the Logelloop meter and 66% Activity Monitor

I should say I have a 2010 MacBook Pro which is certainly under powered, but I was more interested in the relative differences. This time the figures make sense. There is a 30% saving with Logelloop 5 more or less.

Hi Andy,
    Many thanks for this contribution. In fact, we did this kind of comparison earlier during the Logelloop 5 development but not recently with the release version. Logelloop 5 takes fewer CPU in many cases and this is visible on both activity monitors…

Thant would be interesting to try your project/settings on different computers to compare the results, but for sure, in any case, performances are better with Logelloop 5.

Philippe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.